Saturday, September 5, 2009

Week 5 Sense-ational Summer Challenge!

So, this is the last week of the Dixie Pieces Challenge, and you probably guessed what it's going to be if you've been following it at all. Yes, it's the Sounds of Summer! Now bear with me because I took a really crappy picture of this one, and unfortunately cannot do a retake as I brought it in to Creative Accents already...so here it is, hopefully you can see it! lol

I chose this picture of my mom and sisters in Disneyland because I've always loved it there and it does have such magical sounds. They may not be the typical sounds of summer, but what's the fun in doing something typical? And I figured since California is pretty much summery all the time, it's the perfect pic for the "sounds of summer"

The technique we had to use this week was all of the other previous techniques in one LO. So we had to incorporate stitching, fussy cutting, painting, and doodling. I finally used my Bazzil stitching templates to stitch the flourish over the picture. I was quite impressed with how easy they were to use (once I finally stabbed the needle through a picture and 2 layers of cardstock! lol) I hand painted little stars and randomly added bling to some of them. I hand cut the square holes that have the hand cut paislees in them also. I used the new Haunted alphabet from Quickutz, which I'm absolutely in love with! It's so creepy, but can also be really great for a whimsical LO like this one!

This will probably be the last of the scrapping until I get into my new place unfortunately. I can already feel the withdrawl setting in!

No comments: