Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We're back!

So we just got back from our little end of summer vacation, and although we did have the thought of coming home to no home (we're staying at my mom's right now) looming over our heads we still had an awesome time! We went down to the Lower Mainland and we stayed in Aldergrove. The first night we were there we went to Langly and took the kids to Chuck E Cheeses. The kids had a blast! We had a lot of fun too, however by the end of the night I was definately suffering from over stimulation! After Chuck E Cheeses we went next door to the Marble Slab for some desert. It was sooo yummy! I think it was the best ice cream I've ever had (as it should be for almost 20 bucks for the three of us!). The next day we took the kids to the zoo (now I can finally use all that zoo paper I've been collecting!) We took a train ride around the zoo and saw all the animals. They had Zebras, Lions, Tigers, Turtles, Pink Flamingos...a whole bunch of really cool animals. We also rented a bik there for an hour. They have these bikes that seat 3 people in the front and there's a basket in front for 2 more kids to sit in. It looked like a lot of fun (and it was), but holy cow what a work out!! We somehow managed to go uphill almost all the way too! (or at least it seemed like it anyway!)
The last day we were there we went to Whiterock and spent the morning at the beach. For that reason alone I wished that we lived down at the coast. I couldn't handle all the traffic and busy-ness, but I LOVE the ocean, and the kids have sooo much fun there!
All in all, it was a really good trip! We had quite the scare on the way home though. In 100 mile we went to fill up our tank and it wouldn't accept our card, so we thought we'd spent all our money! We couldn't even check until we got home! For whatever reason it didn't work, it wasn't because we were broke, thank God! But what a scare!
So, now we're back to reality...and packing up our house to move, but I will keep you all posted on our progress, and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get to scrap a bit here and there!

Ciao for Now!

No comments: