Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow Day!

It was so nice to get out and scrap for 12 hours straight last weekend, that I became totally inspired to get more creating done in the following days...I don't have a whole lot of completed projects, as I've still been practicing with my Copics, and my youngest son has had the stomach flu since Saturday and hasn't been able to keep water down until today, so I've been a little busy and had to put the scrapping on the sidelines. My husband and I also just put an offer on a house today, so I'm super excited about that, and I'm crossing my fingers that they accept it!!! I did manage to finish that last double page layout I was working on at the crop this weekend, so I'll share it with you!


Now, I did write down all the info on this page when I brought it in to Creative Accents, but now I totally forget which PP it was, all I know is that it's called "Frosted" and it's awesome! It's got some great strips on the back that I used (the pic of the snowman on the right is part of those strips) and basically everything else on that page is from that one piece of PP! The dark blue cardstock is American Crafts and I used the Versa Mark Frost on it and just rubbed it on to make it look kind of...well...Frosty! lol I used the QK Zelda alphabet, and also the QK snowman and snowflake. I had originally wanted to put a 2x2 snowflake in the middle of the page with a really cool sparkly brad, but then I realized that I would have to chop the brad in half, as it's a double pager! lol So I opted for the revolution snowflake instead and just make it with really cool blingy sparkly blue paper instead! I almost forgot, I also used the QK rectangle journaling square (I just cut it out twice and pieced it together so it would be bigger) If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a bit of a Quickutz junky! lol So there it is, the cutest (well, they're all the cutest aren't they?!) pics of my son this year! lol I hope you enjoy!

PS: I just applied for a spot on the Dixie Pieces Design Team! Wish me luck! I love their site, they are a great source of inspiration, they have a wicked monthly kit, and they also have a great Gallery full of amazing art! you can check them out here: http://dixiepieces.com

That's all for now! Hopefully the next time I post, I will be the proud new owner of our very own home!!

Cheers!

No comments: