Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Halloween Party!!

It's starting to feel a little fall-ish around here these days, and it's making me feel a little nostalgic. I'm loving lighting my Cinnamon Bayberry candles and enjoying the crisp-ness in the air (I'm definately loving that we can breathe the air again and have our windows open without dying from smoke inhalation from the forest fires that surrounded us this summer too)! I'm a total sucker for fall, and Halloween is one of my favourite holidays, so when I can feel fall in the air, I get excited to break out the Halloween papers and start scrappin! I've had these pics kickin around for like 7 years! This party was the first time Chris and I met our friends Debbie and Derrick, and it was at their annual Hallween party. They go ALL OUT for Halloween and it was a kick ass party! The funniest thing about it was that we met Derrick while he was wearing his costume, which was a WereWolf (and he had glued the hair onto his face!) So after the party, we still didn't know what he really looked like!! I knew he worked at Save On, so the next time I went there I was looking around for someone who I thought might be him! lol It was pretty chuckly! Anyway, here's my layout...enjoy








Products Used: Patterned Paper: Imaginisce, Basic Grey (eerie), and Harmonie (Bal Masque), Tim Holtz sander (on pics), glimmer mist-tattered angels (on the Party letters), Die Cutting machine: Quickutz Alphabet: English Rose, unknown vellum (Halloween), Stickles (on spider web), Martha Stewart punch, close to my heart edge distresser, white gel pen, zig black pen, adhesive: score tape.

I hope you're all enjoying the coming fall season as much as I am! Btw, I won a draw at Creative Scrappers!! Totally made my night last night!! Then, tonight my husband called me from work, and he won a thousand bucks at work!! WOOT!! We have definately been blessed this week!!
On that note, have a great night everyone! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lynnda said...

Congrats Sarah..... and double bonus for you too with mr hubby win!!! YAY

What a real Halloween LO... I love it... its not easy to do one... you rock it well....awesome...

for me my fav is Spring!!!...which is now for me... YAY...

take care...xx

Creative Tara said...

I'm crazy about this layout, Sarah... it's even more rockin' in person! I love the little rolled papers and the combo of products you've used here!

Eulanda said...

Wow I love your Halloween LO and that web is so cool with the distressing. Bang up job Sarah!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sarah, I love Halloween myself. It is my second favorite holliday, the first of course is Christmas.........well they are pretty close. Love the spider web, great LO.

Congrats on your winnings, you better go get a loto ticket while your on the winning streak, lol.

Tanya S said...

Great layout.I agree ,even more awesome in person!The rolled up papers are a great unique touch.
I just realized your hubby is fingering us!?! Baaahaaaa!!
Great job hun!
Hurry buy a ticket ;)