Saturday, October 16, 2010

Some fun family pics, and a Page Maps Challenge

Well I finally cut Caleb's hair, and I must say that I'm kinda sad about his curl being gone, but tonight as I was looking back at his long hair, I definitely love his haircut now! He was starting to look a little shaggy...and I had a few people say to me "so you have 2 boys and a girl?" (for those who don't know, I have 3 boys!) So after we came back from Vancouver and my husbands' grandpa kept calling Caleb "her" I decided it was time to give him his first haircut! I was a little worried about how he would sit while I cut his hair, but I must say he did fabulously! He sat so still and just squirted himself in the face with my water bottle the whole time! It's nice cutting kids hair when they sit still...you don't chop your fingers off that way! lol

Ethan and I got outside today and raked up our leaves. I'm really behind on taking fall pics this year, the colors are almost gone! It's making me kind of annoyed that I just haven't had the time to have a great fall photo shoot! But I was happy to get out today and snap a few pics of Ethan jumping in the leaves! He was also such a big help too. He filled a whole pumpkin bag full of leaves all by himself! He's such a good boy! This is off the topic of leaves, but definately worth a mention, because it was pretty stinkin cute: today, after we dropped Chris off at the bus stop to go to work, Ethan asked me if Daddy was still going to be working when he was a grown up. I told him that he would be, and he said "good, because I want to work with Daddy" Isn't that the cutest freakin thing EVER?!?! I love my boys!







This layout is based on a sketch challenge from Pagemaps. I really liked the design of the sketch, but I'm not too crazy about hearts, so I had to change it up a bit and use circles instead. Plus I've been a little obsessed with making grungy paper flowers lately...This layout actually sat on my desk downstairs half done for over a week! I had the idea for it as soon as I saw the sketch, but then when I executed my plan, I didn't like it, so I had to do a complete overhaul, and it took me forever! But I think it was worth it because I'm really happy with it now! Also, I surprised myself and did a lot of stamping on this layout, which kinda makes me happy since I really like to buy stamps, but rarely use them!! Well, enough blabbing, here's my take on this sketch! Hope ya like it too! (btw, this is my first layout of Kieran!! it only took me 5 months! lol)







Supplies: Crate Paper, Basic Grey and random scraps of patterned paper, Bazzil Cardstock, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Screens, Spellbinders and Silhouette die cuts, Tim Holts stamps and Distress Inks, CTMH brads, and one adorable baby pic!!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope it was worth your while!

4 comments:

Creative Tara said...

Yay- I love jumping in leaves pictures! Caleb looks great with his big boy haircut, too and your layout is really fun! What a loaded post! LOL I love your funky distressed circles and it's very good to see Kieran on a layout finally ;)

Lynnda said...

What a beautiful layout Sarah...Kieran is so adorable... I want to "eat" him... LOL...

Caleb looks too cute and happy ...jumping in leaves...

have a good one..xx

Tanya S said...

Well it was worth the wait.Such a great layout(as always).He is such a cutie!!
Now you have to do a layout of Caleb's new haircut and Ethan jumping in the leaves.

Anonymous said...

Those are some very cute pics, love the ones with Ethan and the leaves. Ahhhhh to be that care free again! Caleb looked like he co-operated with his hair cut! Nice layout. By the way, love your hair.