Saturday, August 13, 2011

For a Great Cause




Hello Bloggers!

My friend (and yours) Kellie Winnell, owner of the FABULOUS Tickled Pink Stamps is doing something AMAZING. Her and her equally amazing daughter are cutting their hair to raise money for Alopecia. Read all about it HERE. Cheri over at Graphicat Designs is helping them out. She made up a couple of sentiments to sell and donate ALL their proceeds to Kellie for her cause. The following sentiments are ONLY on sale for the next 2 weeks, ALL money will go completely to Kellie. Cheri has made up 2, one with her sarcasm and one with a little more heart, and they’re both only a dollar each!! Kellie has some of her awesome images on sale at her website as well, so go over there and check them out too!









I made this card for my little sister (who’s 12 and totally starting the ‘feel like crap about yourself cause you’re a teenage girl’ phase). So I thought this might cheer her up a little :)









For this card I used a sketch from The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog. You can see the sketch here.


The image is from Simply Betty (I just love this cute little chickie!) I coloured her with Copics, and I’m slowly getting better, but man those things are a learning curve! This was the first time that I had to add a pupil to an eye by hand, and it was kind of scary because it was the last thing I did, so if I messed it up…well, total disaster right? lol so thankfully her eye turned out okay! I cut the flower from some scrap paper and this funky weird material I found at the dollar store and I bought it thinking that if it die cut, it would be pretty fun to use, and it worked! yay! I love the way the flower turned out! I used a Spellbinder’s nestie to layer her on…it’s about time I get to use some of these things that I love to buy, but never use because I don’t make cards! (like nesties and 6x6 paper pads! lol) Anyway, I’m rambling because it’s like 1:30 in the morning as I write this and I think that it’s finally time for bed…


I’m also entering this card into the challenge over at Going Grey with Scrap Creations. They’re having a fun challenge this week, it’s a bingo challenge! I’ve used a flower, a digi image and a die cut, so BINGO! lol


Please head over to Graphicat Designs and buy those sentiments! They’d both be great for cards and scrapbook layouts and they’re for a great cause!





























8 comments:

Roxy said...

What a cute image! I love how you coloured her up, too! I'm a newbie at the whole Copic thing, too, but one of my probs is I only have, like, 10 pens or something. Anyway, I'm heading to WL today, so maybe I'll pick up a couple more!

Hill Top Creations said...

Wow another lovely card and so well done.. I am sure your sister will love it and she will get through this stage cause she has a great role model to follow. Take care

Graphicat said...

Sarah! This is AWESOME! I love the colours you've used! The pink looks so fabulous with the greys!
Thanks for posting this!
Cheers
Cheri

Lynnda said...

This is totally wow... the card is super cute... you did so well with the colors too...love it Sarah.... hugs...xoxo

Betty Boo! said...

Beautiful card Sarah! Gorgeous coloring! What a great cause too.

Betty

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a shabby, sweet, cool card! Love the image, the colors... that texture flower is just gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Patrice said...

That's one sassy girl!!!

Eulanda said...

You did such a fabulous job with this images, love the color combo and that flower is gorgeous! Hugs!