Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Wanna Be Krafty Guest!!!

Hello Bloggers!! I am soooooo excited that Kraftin Kimmie is giving us scrappy girls a chance to be a guest designer in December and all we have to do is make a card with our favourite Kraftin Kimmie stamp! Now, that may seem easy, however I have so many favs that it was pretty hard to narrow them down! I chose to ink up Patsy. I love her  big hair and her fun musical dress! I also used sentiments from Fanny and Danny (I just noticed that they’re names rhyme! hehe). I like how the sentiments that come with the stamps can be used with a few different images sometimes…it stretches out my stamping budget…haha anyone who knows me knows that budget is almost a foreign word for me! I can justify ANY crafty purchase!! Need a reason to buy something? just call me, I’ll give you a few ;) Anyhoo…on to my card:

I am just starting to learn how to colour in black and white, and I must say that I’m lovin’ it!! I thought this image would be perfect to do a monochromatic black and white image with the papers to match as it’s kind of a 50’s image and it goes hand in hand with that era :) I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out! I’ve gotta tell you though, that this is my first time doing a monochromatic card, (which just happens to be the challenge over at the  Kraftin Kimmie Challege blog this week!) and I definitely found it challenging! But I love a good challenge!

005

Here’s a close up:

006

It’s hard to see it in the picture, but I put a little Glossy Accents on her sunglasses to make them shine ;)

The cut off for this guest DT call is October 31st (I’m cuttin er a little close I know!!)  but I would absolutely LOVE to be a Krafty Guest! So….Pick Me! Pick Me!! lol ;)

Supplies Used: DP: Crate, Echo Park, Basic Grey. Cardstock: Quickutz, American Crafts , CTMH. Ribbon: May Arts. Bling: Dollorama. Doilie: Wilton, Glossy Accents, random buttons, Markers: Copics.

Oh, and I used a fab sketch from Sketch Saturday that I flipped on it’s side.

1 more sleep till Halloween and me and my DH’s 7th wedding anniversary!! Wooohooo!!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a krafty night ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Sarah!! Your colouring is amazing!! Good Luck with your Guest Design Team! They would be lucky to have you! :)

Roxy said...

First off, Happy Anniversary!!! Do you get to go out, do something special, without the boys? Hope so! Then I can live vicariously through you! Second, love, love, LOVE!!! this card, the B&W turned out awesome! (Where did you learn that? I'd love to give it a try!) And third, good luck with the Guest Designer thing, I hope you get it! Fingers crossed!!! Hugs, Roxy.

Hill Top Creations said...

First a Very Happy Anniversary.. Hope you have had lots of fun.. Second Wow on the card very well done.. Love the black and white.. Oh ya good luck on the DT Guess spot.. Take Care

Lynnda said...

First a Very Happy Anniversary!! I hope you did have a good time!!...I love this Sarah!!! ... So Gorgeous...The B&W turned out so well.. you nailed it!!!hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ooooo nice! Great use of the black and white colouring! You did an amazing job in your card good luck!

Faye said...

I wanna colour like this! Gorgeous black and white job there. Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday this week and good luck. x

Lydia said...

Hi Sarah! Hope you had a happy anniversary! Nice to see you back and always enjoy your comments on my blog. :)