Sunday, April 15, 2012

Darth Baby


Good morning! It's a beautiful day here in "The Puddle" (for those of you not from Williams Lake, that's a little nickname for our town), unfortunately, Ethan has the stomach flu...poor guy woke up at 5am throwing up! He seems to be better now...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've seen the end of barf for today! lol
Anyway, I wanted to show you this layout I did for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration case file #15


Now these colours where very tricky for me, because I didn't want to do a Halloween layout, but that's totally what these colours remind me of. I found it a challenge to use them and have it NOT look Halloweenie (is that even a word? well, it is now! lol)

I used last week's sketch from Frosted Designs: (but I'm posting it too late to get in on the challenge! )


Now when I started this layout, I wasn't sure I was going to like how it turned out, but now that it's finished, I think it's one of my favs! I am so happy with the way it turned out!

Now for the Case File: For the evidence I used a transparent element, stacking layers, something metal and zigzags.


I used Tim Holtz gadget gears and the tiny attacher for my metal elements. I just love this picture of Caleb wearing his cousins Darth Vadar costume! It was so funny because it's got the voice thingy on it too!
Now, since I don't have a fancy I Phone with an instagram app, I decided to make my own instagram picture by rubbing the edges of the picture roughly with black archival ink. I like the way it looks kinda vintage :)


I used a chevron DP from Echo Park (this and that)


My transparent element is the Tim Holtz phrase stamp that I stamped the packaging from the washi tape I used. I stamped it with black archival ink. It's a litlte hard to see in the picture but the stamp says: "the world of reality has its limits; but the world of imagination is boundless" I thought it was a perfect phrase for this picture!


For the testimony, I documented an adventure. The journaling reads: "Not long ago, in a galaxy far away, there lived a being who's sole purpose was to play. That and bug the tar out of his brothers. He travelled the front yard in search of worms, only stopping momentarily to take Kieran's bike...And they call him  Darth Baby"

I'm also entering this layout into the challenge over at The Studio Challenges: they want you to use 3 of the following: Kraft, Washi Tape, Twine, a Star, Ink, or Die Cuts. I used Die cuts, ink and washi tape :)
And the October Afternoon blog wants us to use letter stickers.

Well there you have it! I hope you were inspired!! 

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!!  I really do appreciate it! 

Stay tuned tomorrow for another awesome Graphicat Sketch!!





6 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

Lovely lay out again Sarah.. Hope your boys are all healthy today.. Take Care

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee that photo and how you did the tape measure strips around it!!! Hope Ethan feels better!!!

Katherine said...

I hope your Ethan is better, that is a great page....I have some Darth and Yoda pictures that I really need to scrap too just cos the photos make me smile, but I hadn't figured out how to use them....so thank you for the inspiration :)

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW... This layout is gorgeous..I love the colors.... I cant work on muted colors like that... but yours are so beautiful... I love the vintagey look on this one.. Awesome.... Hugs...xoxo

Anna said...

Great lovely, love the background paper and the star effect you have used behind the photo! Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio!

Roxy said...

Okay, love this layout, but the journaling is freakin' fantastic!!! Haha, you always crack me up, lady!