Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Life is Good :)

So last night I finished watching day 6 of Tim Holtz's  Creative Chemistry 101 (I know I'm a little behind...I started the class the day it started, but my time is very limited...but that's the beauty of this class...you can STILL sign up for it even though it's over and have lifetime access to the videos and downloads! If you haven't yet and are a fan of Distress and Tim Holtz and his fabulous techniques, I suggest you get yer butt over there and take the class!! You won't regret it!) Geeesh! You'd think I'm getting paid to plug Tim's class, but I promise you I am not ;) I just really love it! Sooooo...as I was saying, I finished watching day 6 and it was on Distress Markers (which are totally on my wishlist- hubs if you ever read my blog, now would be the time! lol), but it inspired me to do a little colouring with my Distress Inks and a water brush. It was soooo quick and easy and I just love the way it turned out! I really like the water colour look...as a perfectionist I found it a little difficult to go outside the lines and be ok with it, but that's the beauty of watercolour...it's not perfect and that's OK!! lol

I finally inked up this awesome stamp from Hero Arts that I bought quite a long time ago when it first came out...I do love this stamp!


I paired her with a sentiment from CTMH, cut out with one of Tim's banner dies and I also used his film strip die in the background. I stamped a fun Tim flourish in the background of his Kraft resist paper that I covered with Distress Stains and Inks...hmmmm...I'm seeing a little bit of a pattern here are you?! I think I'm a little obsessed...to put it mildly! hehe  Pretty much the only things on this card that aren't from good old "Lord Tim of Holtz" are the flowers (altered prima: I was excited to use these flowers that are a hundred years old from my stash...I just cut them down and scrunched em up a bit because they were way too big for my card)
and a couple of the stamps!


I used this sketch from Card Patterns for my card:


I'm also entering this card into these challenges: 

Simon Says Stamp: Favourite tool: Vagabond!!!
Lawnscaping: Colouring
Just Keep on Creating: Anything Goes
A Cherry on Top: Do it with Flowers
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Tim Holtz Technique: I used Spritz and Flick and watercolour Distress.
Drunken Stampers: You're a Krafty One

Don't forget to join us at Graphicat Sketches and play along with the current sketch! Also come play along with us at Creative Accents Challenges and get inky with those stains and sprays! You've also got a couple more days to join us at Frosted Designs and show us what you can make with a banner on it!

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!! I appreciate it a lot! Happy Crafting!!




9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh this is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeee the flowers and that film strip!!

Lynnda said...

Love this card... its so pretty... You are good with cards too... Hugs..xoxo

Tamara said...

Great card!! Love your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping

Laurel Beard said...

Look at all that distress inky goodness! What a great card! So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping!

Linda said...

Ohhh, what a nice card! Great coloring! This card makes me Happy!Thanks!

suzARTe said...

this is a really great card. I love the main Parisian image with the beautiful colouring and embellishments.

You certainly are A Tim Holtz fan, I will have to check out the classes and its awesome that you are using up your stash.

Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :), love your style

Christiana said...

What a beautifully distressed card! Great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Clare said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

Unknown said...

Creative Chemistry 101 is just THE best is n't it? I am thinking I may need the lifetime access ... finding the time is really becoming an issue! This is a fabulous card ... love the layers! Thank you for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week ... we hope to see you again soon!