Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finally!!!! I missed my precious technology!!

Howdy Y'all!! You might be wondering why you haven't heard from me recently. Well, my modem decided it didn't like to work anymore, and so I had to wait for a replacement in the mail...over the long weekend...
Needless to say, I've been having some harsh techno-withdrawls!

I'm just going to post quickly tonight though, because it's way past my bedtime, and I'm doing a 75km bike race tomorrow!!! Please pray that I don't die!! lol I am not sure that I'm going to do the whole thing, but I'm really going to try!! We're doing it in a relay, but I start first, so I'm just going to go until I can't anymore...ya never know, I could get all the way ;)


This layout is of my cute little adorable cowboy Caleb at the Canada Day Parade. So adorable!! I finally got to use my Tim Holtz alphabet die that I bought ages ago!! I looooove that it will cut chipboard!! I can make my own "thickers" now! haha



I'm pretty happy with how this layout turned out, and it was finished really quickly too! I finally just decided that although it is artistic and I really love making great layouts, the main reason I do this is for memory keeping, so I have made myself not overthink layouts anymore and I get them done waaaay faster!! 

I used yet another fabulous sketch from Boys Rule for this layout :)

All of these yummy products I used were from my August Counterfeit Kit.
I'm also entering this into the challenge over at Scrapfit: Workout 75 is "Trendy Twine" I soooo love twine :)
and also into the challenge over at Anything But a Card: Anything goes! (as long as it's not a card! lol)

Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen! Wish me luck on the Tour de Cariboo!! Pray I am alive tomorrow night!! 

*hugs*

Sarah

15 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

Oooh, I love the colors in this page! I love the buttons with twine, the pennant shapes, and the cool vertical title. Great page! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Laurie said...

what a cute layout, love the western feel to it and that photo is too cute! thanks for joining us at scrapfit!

Margaret said...

Great layout! The barn wood background is perfect for your 'cowboy' and I love how you linked the title together! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card Challenges!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo is GORGEOUS!!!! I love love love that wood grain background and the photo is ADORABLE!!! Good luck with the race tomorrow!!!!

Hill Top Creations said...

Good Luck with your race I am sure you will do well.. Lovely page again of the boys.. take care

Julia S-W said...

What a great layout especially with the wooden door in the background! I love that alphabet die too and it works really well here!
Best of luck with your HUGE bike ride!
Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC's first challenge and we hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax

Ashley Horton said...

This page is totally awesome Sarah!! I love the wood grain background and all of the layering behind your photo! And the little touches are twine are great, too! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!

Lynnda said...

Love this cute fabulous layout!!! Love the BG pp too... Good luck with the race!!! hugs...xoxo

Christy said...

This layout is STUNNING!!!! I love that background paper! :) Always nice to see a fellow layout maker...especially when it's this inspiring! :) Thanks for joining us at ABAC! :)

Jess said...

Great LO! Love the fun mix of embellies and alphas! Thanks for joining us at ABAC!

Leah said...

I love your layout, the woodgrain, that little pop of colour in the twine. I totally understand what you are saying with your layouts, too, I tell myself all the time "Just stick it down and move on"!. Thanks for joining in at ScrapFIT.

Sheila said...

This is one great layout from the layering to the title! Love your little bits of twine here and there...thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the wooden theme with the button! Too cute. Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC challenge!

Unknown said...

wow what a fabulous take on the sketch, loving the pop of red! thanks for sharing with us at Boys Rule!

Aimee said...

great photo. I love all the embellies you used and the twine makes for the perfect touch
Aimee @ *ScrapFIT*