Sunday, April 28, 2013

65 kms


Hi Bloggers! Just wanted to pop in quickly and share a layout I made for Scrapping Everyday Miracles. They have a fabulous page maps sketch up for their challenge and a twist to use Washi! 

These pictures are of my husband and I last year when we did the Tour de Cariboo. We did a relay with a couple other people. I didn't know how far I could go, so I wanted to start at the beginning and go until I couldn't anymore. I rode 65kms!! I was pretty proud of that accomplishment! I really wanted to do the entire race this year, but since the race is in the beginning of September and I will have just had a baby about a month earlier, I'm thinking that's not such a great idea!! I'll be cheering on Chris from the sidelines with all our boys!

I hid my journaling in the top right hand tag that I tucked under the photo mat.


I used my Cameo for the "65kms", the compass, and the chevron arrows. I wanted quite a big lettering for the 65 and I wanted it to stand up a bit, so I cut the same thing over 4 times and glued them together to get a "chipboard" effect.



I'm playing along with the ladies over at Use Your Stuff too...I really tried to dig into my stash and use some of my older supplies. The main paper is new to me, and the tag and flair and letter stickers and the washi, the wood veneer...Yikes! I'm just realizing how crappy I did at actually using my stash!! lol The banner was cut from an old paper from "the house of three", I did use a couple old stamps and the paper that I used to cut the compass was an older one too...oh, and the Tim Holtz ribbon I've had for a couple years too...okay, so I didn't do great, but I did okay! lol The important thing is that we use up some of our stuff instead of hoarding it all right?! 

I will try to do better next time!! LOL 

Supplies: Patterned Paper and letter stickers: Authentique. Scrap Patterned paper: Studio Calico, Echo Park and House of Three, and Dear Lizzy. Washi Tape: Freckled Fawn. Flair: The Paper Bakery. Stamps: Hero Arts, Inkadinkado and K&co. Ink: Ranger Distress and Archival. Wood Veneer: Studio Calico. Die Cutting Machine: Silhouette Cmaeo. Ribbon: Tim Holtz. Sewing Machine: Janome. Thread: Gutermann. Tags: Cosmo Cricket.


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me some love! I really appreciate all your kind words!!
Blessings

Sarah

12 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

What a great layout - love the banners and all the other interesting little details!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for you girl!! That is AWESOME! I love love love it!! LOVING the colors and the layered pennants!!

Lynnda said...

WOW Sarah...65k!!! Awesome... what a fabulous layout Sarah.... I need a cameo too!!!...hugs..x

Unknown said...

I think you did very well using your stuff. I really like the design and the layered elements. Fabulous layout Sarah. Thank you for taking the challenge with us on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

jacque4u2c said...

I just love this! You did an amazing job!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome page Sarah!! Love the Cameo cuts, and the compass you used! And what a great accomplishment!! I don't think I could ride to the mail box!! HA!

Unknown said...

What a fun layout. So many interesting bits and bobs your used, I love it.

Thanks for playing at SEM

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Fabulous page! Thanks for joining us for the Scrapping Everyday MIracles April Sketch Challenge! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

blsd2scrp said...

love the details and elements! great layout! love how you used your Cameo too! thanks for joining us over at SEM!

yyam said...

Such a fab layout. Love the little details and the way you did the journaling. What an athlete you are...I don't think I can do it...lol

Cara G said...

Awesome take on our Layout Sketch Challenge at SEM this month Sarah...love you reversed it a bit and really made it your own. So glad you linked up with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles...great job!!!

Jessica said...

What an accomplishment! Great job on the layout, I love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with use at SEM!