Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Biggest Dog

Hello Bloggers!! 

I wanted to share a layout I did for a bunch of different reasons actually! I found the sketch on Creative Scrappers and their sponsor this month is Scrapbook Nerd. I'd never heard of Scrapbook Nerd, but I really liked their name and I was intrigued! So I headed on over there to check them out...turns out, THEY'RE AWESOME!! They have an amazing online store (and they're Canadian too!! WHOOOP!!) They also have a forum where they have fun challenges, technique talk, and also just various scrappy conversations with fun people!!  They also have a gallery where you can post your projects and be super inspired by all the fab artists there too!! 

Turns out, they're also having a DT call!! So I made this layout to participate in the sketch challenge over at Creative Scrappers, but I also made it to apply for the Design Team :)

The pictures are of our wicked awesome (and insanely HUGE) dog Luca. We got him when Kieran (our 3rd son) was 6 months old, and I must admit, I was a little scared to have a puppy and a baby, but he was such an easy dog to train! He's so smart and we just love him to death!! I found my title online when I was looking for quotes about dogs. I thought it was quite perfect for him :)


I'm loving this view finder from Basic Grey! How cool is that? I love that you can put any kind of paper behind it and it totally changes the look of it...or you could just leave it and use it as a subtle accent for your page!




I put the journaling on a tag that I tucked behind the photo. It reads: "When we got Luca he was 12 weeks old. We knew he was going to be a decent size dog, but we had no idea just how big he would end up! He is a big moose, but he is the most gentle, loving dog there is! When we decided we wanted a dog, God found the perfect one!"


Supplies Used: Cardstock: Bazzil Basics. Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Tim and Beck, and Glitz. Basic Grey: Metal tabs (recoloured gold with Adirondack Alcohol Inks Metalics), Stickers, Viewfinder. Washi: Glitz, Alphabet stickers: Prima, Lush, Jenni Bowlin Studios. Canvas Stickers: Cosmo Cricket. Button: Bo Bunny. Speech Bubble: Pebbles Inc. Wood Veneers, Flair and Mister Huey's: Studio Calico. Ink: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo). Sewing Machine: Janome. thread and tag (unknown). Die cutting machine: Vagabond, dies: Lifestyle Crafts.

I'm also going to enter this into the challenge over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles: Pet Inspired Projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! They mean the world to me!!

Blessings

Sarah



17 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

He is the most amazing dog and I love him to.. Yes he is a Big guy but so good with the boys.. lovely layout of him.. take care

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love that sweet photo!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Fab page Sarah!! Love the wood grain chevron background, the view finder, the wood veneer arrows, and the long title!! Good luck with the DT Call...and you still have time to link this up at Paper Issues for the Instagram theme!! :)

Lynnda said...

Beautiful layout Sarah! i spy ...arrows on your LO... and Im loving it!!! Awesome... hugs..x

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Fabulous LO, Sarah!! Your big dog, er pup is so beautiful!! Love the aqua against the browns and such a wonderful quotation!! Thanks for joining us for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles Challenge this month!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracey Gregory said...

Amazing tribute your 4 legged blessing!Thanks for playing along at SEM!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,

I love this layout and all the little details you added to it. Thanks a bunch for linking us in your post, we really appreciate it :)

Andie said...

Great layout, Sarah!! And way to get more bang for your buck so to speak ;-) Best of luck with the Scrapbook Nerds DT call!!!

Annie Collins said...

Great layout Sarah! I Love what you did with the BG reel. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Good Luck on the Scrapbook Nerds DT tryout.

Unknown said...

Super cut layout. I'm a sucker for pet themed layouts! Thanks for becoming a follower!

Lisa H said...

What a cute dog and wonderful layout! I love all the little touches and do-dads on it. Thanks for joining us at SEM this month. =)

Unknown said...

Fantastic page...I love how you used the view finder element. Thanks for playing with us at SEM

jacque4u2c said...

Love. Love. Love the journaling tag. Awesome job!

blsd2scrp said...

this is a seriously awesome layout! love the details and elements! thanks for joining us over at SEM!

Jessica said...

Great layout! I love the brown arrow paper in the background and great clustering around the photo. Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

Cara G said...

Amazing layout Sarah...and what an awesome addition to our "All God's Creatures" challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles this month! So glad you were able to participate!

Nicole Brenna said...

I love the soft tones of the layout! Thank you for sharing! It really is a wonderful layout!