Thursday, May 16, 2013

Future Soccer Star

Hi Bloggers! I wanted to share a layout I made the other day for the challenge over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. They want us to make a layout about something New in our lives. I thought it would be a great opportunity to scrap about Caleb's new sport! It's the first time he's been in an organized sport and he is having so much fun! I think he's been so used to being toted along to Ethan's soccer, and lacrosse and hockey, that he's pretty excited that it's his turn to be the one to play! Ethan however, doesn't seem to do too well at just watching! lol


The twist this month is to use something that's at least a year old (the older the better) and something that's new to you in 2013. For my old stash supplies I used Crate Paper's Toy Box collection which came out in 2011. The green grid paper is also quite old, although I'm not sure who made it or how old it is :) The journaling tag is from Basic Grey's Life of the Party line, which I believe is from 2011 too. The teeny "got skills" rub on is a crate paper one too, and it's really old...I got it when I first got really into scrapbooking!


I used a few new things too...the fringe layer was cut using my new fringe scissors...I've been looking for those things EVERYWHERE! The "SOCCER" stamped title was stamped using my new Tim Holtz alphabet stamp. I've been eyeing it up for some time, but was resisting it, because I don't tend to use alphabet stamps very often. I just really liked this one! So I bought it, resolving to actually use it...and I did! Yay me!! The teeny confetti circles were made using a new border punch too.


I used the holes that it makes when it punches the border as confetti. I love that this punch is pretty versatile...and I think I will be using this one a lot more :)


As I was taking these pictures, I realized that the little bottle cap thingy was kind of covering up the "s" in "got skills" so it kinda looks like "got kills?" lol 


I did move it over a little bit for this picture, but I can see I will need to move it a bit more...lol


I used a sketch from the Paper Bakery for this layout :)


Well, I should probably get going and get on with my daily chores! We're heading to our cabin for the weekend and I've got a lot of getting ready to do! Do you have any plans for the long weekend??

Blessings

Sarah


19 comments:

ericarose said...

Love it Sarah!! Loving your fringe!!!

Vicki said...

Very cool layout. So many awesome little details!

Anonymous said...

Very cute layout. It's something I would expect to see in a magazine. I would have never notices the "got kills" if you hadn't mentioned it but LOL when I saw it. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to follow your blog.

Barbara said...

That's a gorgeous layout. Like Vicki said, so many details!

Michelle said...

You do such beautiful work Sarah! I love this!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photo, the colors and the fringe you added ... and lol to 'got kills'!! LOVE IT!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome page Sarah, and you did a fab job with the Sketch!! I love how you used the Studio Calico arrows and misted them Red!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!!

Lynnda said...

what a fabulous ... layout.. lovingt those arrows...and the colors too... gorgeous layering too Sarah... this is awesome... hugs...x

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a fabulous page, Sarah!! Love how you incorporated both the challenge theme and twist!! This is such a wonderful boy page with the vibrant colors and arrows!! Thanks for joining the Scrapping Everyday Miracles May Challenge ~ All Things Have Become New ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracey Gregory said...

Aww,love this page! I remember those pee-wee soccer days, now he's playing college soccer,lol. Thanks so much for joining us at SEM!

Tegan said...

Super fun layout! I think I need that border punch with the circles! It is way cool and I would like to make confetti too! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Bakery!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!! Love this to bits! Great fun lo. The fringe paper looks so neat and everything goes together so well! Tks. for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful. Having older soccer players myself I fondly remember when they were just starting out...snacks were almost as import as the playing.

Thanks for joining us at SEM

blsd2scrp said...

wow! love this layout! the details and elements are really great! thanks for playing along with us over at SEM!

Jessica said...

What a fun layout! I love the papers you used and all the layering, great boy layout! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

Anonymous said...

This is a cool layout! Love the combination of embellishments you used and the tag, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at SEM Challenge!

~ Helen G. ~

Nicole Brenna said...

I love this layout! It is just so fun and I love all the punching and bright colors! Really great job! Thanks for playing along with us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles (http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com)

Cara G said...

This is such a fun, amazing layout Sarah...I absolutely love everything about it! You've incorporated so many cute, fun details! So glad to have you join us this month at SEM! Blessings!! :)

Anonymous said...

YOu have been a very busy lady!! I guess today I will get caught up on your blog posts!! Another fabulous layout by you! I really love looking at your layouts. I feel very inspired by your layouts. I love your detail you put into them and I really love the pictures you chose to put in them! :)