Monday, May 13, 2013

Use Your Stuff Challenge

Good Morning!! I hope all the mothers out there had a fabulous Mother's Day and were totally spoiled!! Mine was awesome, but a little sad, because my husband had to leave in the afternoon to go to school in Prince George for 6 weeks. He will be home on the weekends, but it's always hard when he has to go! Thankfully, this is the last time and when he comes back he will be a real live Heavy Duty Mechanic!! 

Well, onto some scrappy things...Did you know that the Scrapbook Nerds have a challenge blog as well as a fabulous forum and store?! Well, they do! It's called Use Your Stuff and every week we will be challenging you to get out that hoarded product of yours and use it up (so you can have an excuse to go buy more! lol).

This week's challenge is FLOWERS, which actually can be kind of a challenge for me! If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I don't tend to use a lot of flowers, but I just got this fabulous embroidery kit by Amy Tangerine, and it has a super cute flower on it and I couldn't wait to use it! I know this hardly classifies as hoarded supplies, but the important thing is just to USE YOUR STUFF!! No matter how old or new it may be!! 


I actually made this yesterday morning while my husband and boys were making me breakfast!! How sweet is that?  This one was for my grandma :)


This was my view from my scrap table...I love having my scrap space in my kitchen now!


And here is Ethan cutting up the strawberries for the chocolate brownie waffles we had :)


And here's a photo of all three boys showing off the gifts they got me! I am so totally blessed!!

I made this one last week for an NSD challenge over at Scrapbook Nerd, but I thought it was kind of fitting to share in this post too! This one was my mom's Mother's Day card :) 


I'm still down one more Mother's Day card for my Mother in Law, but we aren't going to be celebrating Mother's Day until next weekend there, because she's away...so I have a little time!! 

I really hope you'll join us over at Use Your Stuff this week!!  You never know, you could be featured on their blog!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate all the lovely comments!! 

Blessings,

Sarah

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the Mama's Day photos and love love love your gorgeous cards!!!! LOVING that stitching!!!

Lynnda said...

Love your gorgeous cards Sarah!... Lovely photo you shared here too... hugs...x

Ashley Horton said...

Great cards Sarah, and the stitching looks awesome!

ericarose said...

Great cards!!! Love the stitching!!

Michelle said...

You have a beautiful family Sarah!